As ZAS is located in a area of central Berlin dominated by office buildings and tourist attractions, the options of places to go in the evening in the immediate vicinity are somewhat limited. So for the conference dinner on Monday evening, we will take a short subway ride to Prenzlauer Berg, a nearby district known for its restaurants and bars.
- When: Monday May 11th, 19.00--
- Restaurant: Asin Singapore Restaurant
- Address: Husemannstr. 2 10425 Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg)
- Getting there with us: We'll leave from ZAS at 18.20, stopping by the Motel One at 18.30. Meet us at either of those places, and we can go together on the U-Bahn.
- Getting there on your own: Take the U2 to Senefelderplatz, and from there walk up Kollwitzstraße to Kollwitzplatz. Asin is directly on the square. The locations of Asin and of the Senefelderplatz U-Bahn stop are marked on the WAEC Google Map.
- About the food: Asin serves Singaporean-style food, which is a sort of Asian fusion, with elements of Malaysian, Indonesian, Thai, Chinese and Indian cuisine. It's delicious. There are lots of options for vegetarians, vegans and meat-eaters, and a good range of mild to spicy.