Current research topics
- Lexical semantics: currently mainly clause-embedding predicates
- Syntax-semantics interface: compositionality, syntax and semantics of adverbials; ambiguity and disambiguation
- Word formation: sub-lexical structures, semantics of word composition
- Causality at word and sentence level: Semantics and models of causality
- Psycholinguistics: anaphora resolution, discourse relations, causality
Directed research projects
The Structure and Processing of Explanatory Discourse in German and Norwegian: A Psycholinguistic Investigation into Discourse Theory (co-PI: Oliver Bott, University of Tübingen), financed by the Norwegian Research Council (NFR) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Member of the following research projects
Sonderforschungsbereicht 732 "Incremental Specification in Context", Projekts B4 (Kamp/Roßdeutscher: "Lexikalische Information und ihre Entfaltung im Kontext von Wortbildung, Satz und Diskurs") and D1 (Reyle: "Representation of Ambiguities and their Resolution in Context"), Institute for Natural Language Processing (IMS), University of Stuttgart.
"Languages in Contrast" (project leader: Cathrine Fabricius-Hansen) at the University of Oslo.